The Route Map


View The Cross-country Route in a larger map

Sunday, August 30, 2009

And we're off to the races...

Finally, after much preparation, and even more laundry, I'm hitting the road...

Tomorrow morning, I load up my gear, get on the bike, and get going. So, where the hell AM I going anyway? Well, I'm actually starting from Pittsburgh, PA, and ending up in San Francisco. So, that's not the whole country, you say... well, I'm going to fly back to PA after I hit San Francisco, and then get back on the bike, and ride to D.C., at which point I'll dip my wheels in the water in front of the Lincoln Memorial or something.

Anyway, out of PA, I'm heading south from Pittsburgh on 837, and jumping on route 40, which will take me through the tip of West Virginia, and on through most of Ohio. Luckily, it's going to be fairly flat, and assuming everything goes as planned, I should ride through 3 states tomorrow, something I've never actually done! At which point, I'm going to pitch my tent, and probably sleep like a baby... there aren't any bears in Ohio, are there?

Alright, time for bed... will update sometime tomorrow.

See ya out there,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment