The Route Map


View The Cross-country Route in a larger map

Friday, September 25, 2009

Conquering the Rockies...

Quick update...

It's my last night in Denver - after a week off the bike getting the rear wheel fixed, doing a lot of running, and getting plenty of rest, I'm heading out tomorrow. The weather is looking good, and legs are feeling stronger than they've ever felt before, so I've decided rather than head south in New Mexico, I'm going to tackle the Rocky Mountains. The plan is as follows:

Sunday: Denver - Fairplay
Monday: Fairplay - Aspen

The obvious challenge here being the numerous mountain passes, with the end of the day Sunday being the most formidable obstacle: crossing Independence Pass.

As hard as it may be, I'm feeling more pumped about this part of the trip than I have at any other time. I'll let you know how it goes...

See ya out there,
Ben

1 comment:

  1. sit down and spin. enjoy the ride. Independence should be beautiful, quaking aspens and all. rt 50 awaits?

    Jim L, in Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete